title>Tax Guru-Ker$tetter Letter Wizard Animation


Tax Guru-Ker$tetter Letter
Monday, January 14, 2008
Out of state corp


Hi Kerry,
I read your internet article about c and s corporations and have a quick, rather silly question.  We live in CA, but have property outside of the state and want to put the property under a corporation.  Is there any legal method of forming a corporation outside of CA when we live here?


Anyone can establish a corp in any state.  You will however have to have someone located physically inside that state to act as the registered agent to be able to receive paperwork on behalf of the corp.  This can be a friend or relative or one of the many professional services that do this for a fee.  Some people use a mail forwarding service.  You should check that particular states rules in regard to what will satisfy its requirements.

The issue of how the corp will be taxed and the relationship to your personal CA taxes has far too many variations and is something that you need to discuss with your own professional tax advisor.

Good luck.

Kerry Kerstetter


Hi Kerry,
Thank you so much for the great information!



Labels: ,

Powered by Blogger